Sunday 4 November 2012

Questionnaire 2. My answers and reflections.



Questionnaire 2


1. Take some time to think about your topic. Now write down what you know about it.


My topic is about middle school students using inquiry learning to do a SOSE unit on their ecological footprint.


2. How interested are you in this topic?  Check (ü) one box that best matches your interest.
Not at all    not much     quite a bit     a great deal

3. How much do you know about this topic?  Check (ü) one box that best matches how much you know.
Nothing      not much     quite a bit     a great deal

4. Thinking of your research so far - what did you find easy to do? Please mention as many things as you like.
I have found it easy to find information.
Finding really pertinent information has proved quite the task though, often I think something is really good until I engage with it and try to summarise why and how its pertinent to my unit, only to find that it wasn’t so good after all.

5.  Thinking of your research so far - what did you find difficult to do? Please mention as many things as you like.
I find it difficult to tease out the information that I really need from the masses of information that I have.
I find it difficult to state things in a concise, clear manner.
I find it difficult to focus and go off on a tangent when I find anything interesting.
Sometimes I think that the information I have is perfect only to reread the task requirements and find that its not really any good at all.
I feel frustrated because things always seem to take three times as long as I originally estimated and the job seems to be getting bigger and bigger instead of fitting into place.

6.  How do you feel about your research so far? Check (ü) one box that best matches how you feel.
Frustrated – I can’t find what I want       
Overwhelmed – I’m finding it hard to sort through the information
Confused – I don’t really know what I’m looking for
Confident – I think I know where I’m heading

No comments:

Post a Comment