Saturday 29 September 2012

Searching for a better way ...



Having recently battled through the making of a video on search strategies to use in a Google search, I have decided that I wasn’t really satisfied with my searching procedures and that I need to be more organised.  I decided that a mind map detailing the search engines to be used and various search terms and synonyms for those terms would help me to feel more organised and in control whilst conducting searches. It may also help me to stay on task, as I am easily distracted when I start getting information and I need to stay focussed. So I did a Google search for free mind map programs and was quite impressed with “Freemind” which I decided to download and use to help organise my thoughts.

Mind Map used to help organise my search strategies

No comments:

Post a Comment